Ledger Corrections in Reconciliation

I was bouncing around an idea around with regards to necessary corrections to the ledger during statement reconciliation.

In essence, I'd like to propose that, when we restrict update/delete on acc_trans, that the reverse/recreate function request and potentially enforce the requirement for a user-provided reason as to why the reverse and recreate is being performed.

In reconciliation, I was considering having this be partially automated - "User <foo> updated reversed charge _id on <date>. There was no reason provided."

It would allow for improved auditing as required, but I am concerned that it's trying to programmatically enforce social and infrastructure requirements that may not be applicable to every site.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Aurynn Shaw