Re: proposing Section 508 compliance as requirement for 2.x

Hi

This is what REST is about--REpresentational State Transfer. All of the
state information is kept in the request, so the server doesn't need to
maintain state for each request. This has the benefits you're looking
for--proper browser history, ability to have different sessions in
different windows of the same browser, etc.

To make this work, each request needs to have all the information
necessary to rebuild the state...

Please show me an example. My point is that REST is irrelevant, it's just a different encoding for the same kind of interface. However, unless someone can show me a feature of cookies which makes them in some way browser window specific, I claim that its not possible to keep per window state without putting an ID field into the URL (whether it's REST or some other scheme)

Can anyone confirm otherwise?

Ed W