Re: And feedback on designing an online help system?

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 13:40 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> Part of what I am trying to build is a usage model.  How would you
> want to use it?  Have long descriptions of error messages including
> common causes?  Have descriptions pop up over buttons?  What would you
> find useful?

I find the mouse over help is often a good thing. It would be nice to be
able to turn it off too because it becomes a pain when you 'know' what
you are doing.

Long descriptions of error messages including common causes is a great
way of helping me find out what I am doing wrong or what isn't working.
This is especially useful for installation or other major items
(possibly for form or report creation).

Darald