Re: Tracking Customers

Chris Travers wrote:
On 3/14/07, Charley Tiggs <..hidden..> wrote:
I second this suggestion.  Too many of my clients have a need for
multiples of each.

Multiple addresses per contact?

Or multiple addresses per company?

Both.  Here's an example:

One of my clients has several companies that have multiple locations all over the United States. Business communications is sent to the parent company but product is sent to each satellite store or to the parent company, depending on the store.

Within that same company, there's multiple contacts phone numbers, email addresses, and fax numbers depending on which area of the country is being dealt with. Each region could have as many as 6 contacts for various reasons.

The reason I ask is that until we get something AJAX-based, handling
multiples of anything per anything else is going to require extra
workflow steps.  My understanding (correct me if I am wrong, Joshua)
at least to allow multiple contacts per company in 1.3 and allow
within the db other data to be stored.   And then in 2.0 when we are
able to move to an AJAX model, allow multiple addresses, phone
numbers, email addresses, etc. per contact from the workflow provided.

Of course that might just be a default, and it might not be too hard
to add that in for customers who really needed it.  But the number of
round-trips might get annoying ;-)

I don't think they'll mind the number of round trips. They're already being forced to go through many hoops now because of the fact that a new customer must be created for each store location in order to store a shipping address for each store, even if it's one company that they're dealing with. It's more annoying to them to see the name of a company 8 times and not know which one is the one they're looking for.

Charley