Re: Self-documenting API Proposal

Any ideas or feedback?

I haven't implemented it on a real project yet, but I like the look of the REST approach (over say, SOAP or xmlrpc).

It's simple, and yet it follows the same structure as the main application, so really all you are doing is saying that people can post a given form to you either in XML or as an http form. Basically the app doesn't change, only the input and output of a given action change

So in terms of documentating it you just get your web browser out, record the sequence of screens that you want to use and then write your application to use the same screens just posting in XML and getting an XML/PDF/JSON, etc, response back...

Ed