Self-documenting API Proposal

Hi;

After thinking a great deal about Josh Berkus's suggestion that we use
a text file with some sort of self-documenting API capabilities.  In
general, I like this idea, but I was wondering if it was a good idea
to store this in the database.  If we want to, we could also use
something like XML or YAML to cache the data.

One option is to have a functions catalog which would allow us to
create our own functions and properly documnet them in the databsase
with one call.  This would then store the object name, the function
name, and the parameters in catalog tables which we could then use in
the application in order to do the object method to stored proceedure
mapping.

Any ideas or feedback?