Light manufacturing moduels....

I've been watching both email groups SL for years and LSMB since its
inception.  One item that keeps surfacing from time to time is the need for
some type of MRP module that can interface with either SL or LSMB.

I have over 11 years combined experience with manufacturing packages written
on the IBM AS/400.  That is I've enhanced the RPG code of both Pansophic and
Marcams Prism packages.

After meeting Chris last Monday night, I'm considering designing and writing
an MRP module in Perl to interface with LSMB and (if it fits) SL.  This
project will be Open Source and placed on Freshmeat and Sourceforge.

Currently I'm considering the following areas:
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Routers
- Production scheduling.
	Inputs from:
	- Customer orders
	- Internal make orders (for inventory building)
	- Etc
	Outputs:
	- PO's
	- Production schedules
	- Inventory updates
	- GL
	- Etc.

This is just some initial ramblings and thoughts.

Would anyone out there be interested in sharing ideas and possibly helping
out?

Jeff Gerritsen