Re: future of LedgerSMB

Seneca,

> There is a GL table, it's just that hardly anything uses it, prefering
> to add up the other tables and storing its values in the acc_trans
> table.  One of my test instances has an entry in it from when I told the
> system that it was the year end.

Right.  In a standard accounting database app, there's a central transactions
table that stores an analog of classic double-entry ledger records.  This has
a lot of value in preventing errors from unbalancing your books.

acc_trans does some of this, but not for all transactions.  I've not been able
to figure out when it's used and when it's not.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun