Re: Feedback on new customer/vendor proposal

On Thursday 09 November 2006 02:48, Ed W wrote:
> Sounds excellent.  Just a few thoughts:
>
> - In general I only *buy* from my suppliers and only *sell* to my
> customers.  ie for 95% of my contact base there is a clear distinction
> as to whether I want them to be an option in the drop down list on
> different types of invoice.  However, there are a smaller (but
> definitely not zero) number of situations where I buy&sell to one
> contact (off the top of my head, sell to a customer then buy back second
> hand item some time later.  Also occasionally we sell a few line items
> to companies that we normally use as a supplier)
> - It would be nice to be able to setup customers as one type or another
> so that drop down lists are shorter and clearer (but also to be able to
> change a customers "type" later if their role changes).  I assume that
> this is so obvious that you have already thought of it, but I thought it
> worth stating the obvious?

I may have missed the first part of this discussion, but it would seem the
easiest thing would be a unified contact list, with some extra logical fields
for roles:
Vendor	T/F
Customer T/F
Employee T/F
Prospect T/F
etc, to control who is on what dropdown list.

Additionally, I'm not sure how it is working now (I have not yet installed
ledgerSMB to play with it) but an address needs to be copied statically into
an purchase order or invoice (instead of linked) because these are legal
documents. If the vendor moves between invoice 1001 and 1002 each should show
the correct address as of that date.

-Dave