Re: Moving to a central db

I dunno.  I think there are plenty of reasons not to do this also.
There are pro's and cons but the basic issue is that businesses are
supposed to be separate entities.  I think separate financial entities
really ought to be in separate databases.  I think it is also simpler
because I would like to move all the reporting stuff into a reporting
schema.  Things could even be organized into schemas in different
manners (I don't like table prefixes).

Just my personal preference.

On 11/5/06, Josh Berkus <..hidden..> wrote:
Josh,

> > In thinking about this, we really should move this functionality to
> > namespace/schema instead of multiple database.

The separate database option is for users who have more than one LedgerSMB
database, which I think includes some of Travers' clients.  Most users would
just have a schema.

If we start with a separate schema, it's relatively easy to have it in a
separate DB, or not, via a simple configuration option.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun