Re: Moving to a central db

On 11/5/06, Joshua D. Drake <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris Travers wrote:
> That is the basic idea.  This is the way it currently works and we
> wanted to get the current system stored in the db.  And I do have some
> customers that need multiple dataset capabilities (for example, a
> small business owner that needs to manage several financially
> independant businesses).

In thinking about this, we really should move this functionality to
namespace/schema instead of multiple database.

I don't have any objections to this, but we'll have to look at this
for 1.3 or 1.4, as it will mean some work on the backup scripts and on
the admin.pl (which is already in a horrible state). The question is,
why would we want all datasets in the same database? (I'm not just
trying to be a dick, this is an honest question. :-)) I can think of
reasons for and against, but I'm really not the one with the most
postgres foo here.

Cheers,

Chris