Re: Community Documentation Architecture, was LaTeX templates, was Docmentation/FAQs

> Now regarding going with an all-XML template system, I think it is
> *WAY* too soon to even be considering this.  Furthermore, I don't
> think it to our benefit to suggest that people who move to our
> software will need to redo all their custom templates at this time.

Well my last email suggested a life span of 2 years for this. So we
would be supporting latex for at least that.

Secondly... ;) you want to bring people to our product? Then we need to
focus on a migration script for quickbooks. IMHO, the steps for
supported migrations need to be:

1. Support SQL-Ledger for as long as reasonably possible, I can't see
that being much longer then 6 months and then I would expect SQL-Ledger
to die a slow death after that. We have far too much momentum at this point.

2. Quickbooks. If you want people to use our product, lots of people we
need to replace quickbooks.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/