Re: PostgreSql Version

Josh Berkus wrote:
Also, upgrading versions of PostgreSQL has gotten steadily easier as it's matured. If you upgrade from 7.2 to 7.4, expect *lots* of stuff to break; if from 7.4 to 8.1, expect little or no stuff to break. An industry consortium is also working on "upgrade in place" which would make upgrading an automated operation.

specifically... how about from 7.3 to 8.1?

to switch from SL to SMB (which I want to do!) I have to upgrade from 7.3.10 hopefully to 8.1 but as that box also runs an ensim cp which relies on PG I wondered if anybody here has any pointers before I set to it. I've read the upgrade page and install docs etc...

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/install-upgrading.html

thanks

Colin