Re: Call for testing experimental patch

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 11:34 -0700, Tony Fraser wrote:
> Would it be better to call this table simply 'transactions'?
> 'transaction_ledger' works for me if it's too late to change it now.
:-). Its a comment I have made before: its really important to decide
what the table represents - what its purpose is, and then its important
to give it a name that reflects this as concisely and unambiguously as
possible.
So the question is: what exactly is the purpose of the table, now and in
the future? Agree that and the best name should become clear.

One of the best indicators of a stuffed, buggy system is simply to look
at table, column and constraint names and see that they don't reflect
clearly exactly what the data in there actually is.