Re: Database NOT NULLS - ex Diverging applications

On 9/12/06, David Tangye <..hidden..> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 23:15 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:

> There are real shortcomings to the db schema in part because the
> queries do a bogus insert first with nearly all nulls and then update
> in most cases (thank goodness the acc_trans is not handled this way).
> So fixing the db schema means rewriting a lot of code.

That's what I was afraid of. IMO until its done, its a very compromised
(to put it politely) app.

True.  But I am not sure that it is much *more* work to stabilize and fix in place, and users get the benefit in this case of it being a progressively "less" compromised app.