Re: Fwd: Security fix that started all this

On 9/9/06, David Tangye <..hidden..> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 15:43 -0400, Christopher Murtagh wrote:
> Oops, list is not set to reply-to list. BTW, I know some people have
> strong objections to setting reply-to list, but it is my preference. I
> don't want to force upon everyone though if the concensus is to not do
> so. Any thoughts?

OK, so I replied and the message went only to you, not the list. Now I
reply to all and you get hit with my babble twice!

So why not set the reply-to to the list?

 Yes, it is my preferred config as well. I just wanted to make sure
there weren't any objections before I did so. I was the admin of a LUG
mailing list and the whole reply-to list started a long rant about how
bad it was (silly discussion really). The postgres list is the only
list that I'm on that still isn't reply-to list, and for some reason,
it's the only one where I remember to hit reply to all (which seems
part of the postgres mailing list 'culture' if there can be such a
thing).

So, with any luck, this post now has an explicit reply-to header.

Cheers,

Chris