LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: New install on Debian 10 (buster)

On 07/12/19 00.02, fmiser (..hidden..) wrote:
> I have a fresh install of Debian on a machine.  I used the package
> manager to install ledgerSMB 1.6.9.  To keep it light, no X.  This
> system is for a very small organization.  One login typical, never
> more than 5, access from inside the LAN only.
>
> Any clues on how to setup Apache or Starman or ??  to make this
> setup work?

Sorry to response this old thread.
I have the same problems as yours, run smbledger under debian 10.
After months I realize that smbledger on Debian buster only allow connection to
localhost or 127.0.0.1 as point out by Erik Huelsmann (..hidden..).

To solve this, we need reverse proxy which as pointing out on installing new
smbledger either from synaptic or by command line (apt install).
I follow this tips

https://ubiq.co/tech-blog/apache-reverse-proxy-configuration-step-step/

with a little exception, on virtualhost configuration I have add the following

$ sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
  	ProxyPreserveHost On
        ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:5762/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:5762/

</VirtualHost>

then restart apache2 services

$ sudo systemctl restart apache2

after that, I can access smbledger from any node on LAN.

http://ledgersmb.mydomain.tld

BTW. Why this list does not have DNS MX record?
That makes my first attempt posting bounce since the list domain does not have
DNS MX record.

I would suggest to create lists.ledgersmb.org DNS zone on Name Server
mooglian.computerisms.ca so that can be add DNS MX record and A record on
lists.ledgersmb.org DNS zone (also SPF, DKIM etc if need it).

list.ledgersmb.org name server snaplian.computerisms.ca.
list.ledgersmb.org name server ns.freelock.com.
list.ledgersmb.org name server mooglian.computerisms.ca.
list.ledgersmb.org name server ns1.freelock.com.

lists.ledgersmb.org	IN	MX	10 	lists.ledgersmb.org
lists.ledgersmb.org.	IN	A	54.203.249.169

$ host -t mx lists.ledgersmb.org 1.1.1.1
Using domain server:
Name: 1.1.1.1
Address: 1.1.1.1#53
Aliases:

lists.ledgersmb.org has no MX record

$ host -t soa ledgersmb.org 1.1.1.1
Using domain server:
Name: 1.1.1.1
Address: 1.1.1.1#53
Aliases:

ledgersmb.org has SOA record mooglian.computerisms.ca. bob.computerisms.ca.
2020080346 1800 1800 604800 21600

$ host -v -t a lists.ledgersmb.org mooglian.computerisms.ca
Trying "lists.ledgersmb.org"
Using domain server:
Name: mooglian.computerisms.ca
Address: 64.251.22.31#53
Aliases:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
lists.ledgersmb.org.	600	IN	A	54.203.249.169

--
syafril
---------