LedgerSMB
The foundation for your business
Fork me on GitHub
[ledgersmb-users] Re: Adding parts

> Erik wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 9:14 AM fmiser <..hidden..> wrote:
>
> > > Erik wrote:
> >
> > > Please find attached a replacement 'import_csv.pm' to be
> > > placed in lib/LedgerSMB/Scripts/.
> >
> > > * Log into your company
> > >   After successful login, the URL will look something like:
> > > http://localhost/login.pl?action=login&company=<your
> > > company>.
> > > * Add '#import_csv.pl?action=begin_import&type=goods' at the
> > > end of that URL
> > >
> > > The resulting page looks like a transaction upload page.
> > > Don't mind that; simply select the CSV you want to upload
> > > and press "Save".
> > fmiser asked:
> >
> > Should I ignore or fill in the other fields?  Like "date", or
> > "Reference", or "Description", or "Transaction"?

> Erik wrote:
>
> Yes. Those fields are for a different type of upload and the
> upload input screen doesn't distinguish its various uses.

Heh.  I still don't know if I should ignore them or fill them in.
[smiles]

But in light of what you say later I guess it doesn't matter.

> Now that you get me thinking about it again, I don't think you
> will get the "inventory adjustment" upload to work for your
> purpose: when uploading inventory adjustments, the adjustment
> code expects inventory to (have been or) be available in order
> to modify the actual numbers in stock; while it does that, it
> adjusts the information required for posting COGS (Cost Of Goods
> Sold) as well. However, in your case, no COGS information is
> available yet, which means that the COGS information can't be
> adjusted. I'm now expecting that the upload of inventory
> adjustments leads to errors.

Aaah.  I see.

> That said, I'm coming to the - to me - disturbing conclusion
> that we have no means to initialize a company's inventory when
> e.g. moving off of another accounting solution, other than by
> manually entering an AP invoice. I mean, with a database script
> you could, but it's not supported by the application out of the
> box at the moment. (I've created
> https://github.com/ledgersmb/LedgerSMB/issues/4496 to make sure
> that we grow this functionality!)

Good!  But I don't think I get to wait for it.

> > Maybe something else missing in my Debian
> > Buster (10) install?  LedgerSMB is version 1.6.9 installed
> > from package, with the content of "ledgersmb/old/bin" updated
> > (per email of 2019-12-24) and a new "import_csv.pl" (per email
> > of 2019-12-27).

> From the information you provided below, I have to conclude that
> the Internal Server Error you're seeing is a mistake I made when
> I prepared the new import_csv.pl file for you: it's based on
> master 1.7,

I'm not sure how to update my Debian package install to 1.7.  I
did try at one point to just "drop it in" but there must be a few
configuration differences.  I didn't look very hard.

> I could help you indicate which tables and fields you should fill
> if you were to do an import with SQL scripts, if that's of help.

Thank you.  I think this is what I need to do.

> Sorry for the laggy reply; there were simply too few hours in a
> day over the past month.

I'll send another email in a day or two, when I have a hour. [smiles]

--  f