Re: Installation under Ubuntu 16.04

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Vincenzo Romano <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi all.

I'd like to evaluate LedgerSMB on my UbuntuServer 16.04.

   Note that we have ledgersmb v1.4.33 at our Launchpad PPA, built for that version:

https://launchpad.net/~ledgersmb/+archive/ubuntu/main

I've installed the package "ledgersmb" with "apt install"
and a number of other packages got pulled along.
At the end apache wasn't even starting because the
mod_rewrite wasn't enabled.
I fixed this by running "sudo a2enmod rewrite".
I also filed a bug because of this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1637240

I'll check the wording of that bug, but it may be a duplicate of one already closed by a newer version of the ledgersmb package.

But now when I point my browser to 127.0.1.1/ledgersmb/,
it tries to download the file "login.pl" instead of
having it executed into the Apache2 environment.

This surely means that mod_perl isn't working,
despite I can see it installed and enabled.

Any hint?

    For that you also need to enable the CGI module, if you haven't already done so.

    That also is fixed in the postinst script in a later ledgersmb package version.

P.S.
Once it will be fixed I'll file a bug to Ubuntu and Debian in
order to have it fixed for everyone.

    That shouldn't be necessary in this instance as the issues have already been resolved in later versions of the package, but do please submit bugs when you find problems as I always appreciate that!

--
Robert J. Clay