Re: user postgres password

Robert
I have succeeded in getting Ledgersmb 1.4 up and running. I thank you
profusely for your patients. I finely tracked down the problem to

a2enmod cgid.load

So here is a summary of what I did. Ledgersmb is installed in an
unprivileged root installed Debian unstable LXC container. It took
awhile to locate all the cpan modules and X12::Parser was not available
at this time so I brought it in from CPAN

apt-get install postgresql-9.4 postgresql-client-9.4
postgresql-contrib-9.4 libaprutil1-dbd-pgsql postgresql-contrib-9.4
wget apache2 apache2-mpm-prefork

nano /etc/postgresql/9.4/main/pg_hba.conf
local   all             all            md5

nano /etc/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf
listen_addresses = 'localhost'

su -s /bin/bash postgres

$ psql
postgres=# CREATE ROLE ledgersmb WITH SUPERUSER LOGIN NOINHERIT
ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'password'; \q
exit

service postgresql restart

cd /tmp

wget
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ledger-smb/ledgersmb/1.4.10.1/ledgersmb-1.4.10.1.tar.gz

tar xvfz ledgersmb-1.4.10.1.tar.gz

mv ledgersmb /usr/local/

chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/local/ledgersmb
cd /usr/local/ledgersmb
sed -e
"s|WORKING_DIR|$PWD|g" /usr/local/ledgersmb/ledgersmb-httpd-2.4.conf.template
> /etc/apache2/conf-available/ledgersmb-httpd.conf

nano /etc/apache2/conf-available/ledgersmb-httpd.conf

#  Require ip 127.0.0.1 (Apache2 is giving access denied errors)
  Require ip 10.0.0.20/255.255.255.0
#  Require host localhost (Apache2 is giving access denied errors)

nano /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
ServerName lsmb4.home.network
LogLevel debug  (Until server is up and running and no errors)

a2enmod rewrite
a2enmod cgid.load

a2enconf ledgersmb-httpd

service apache2 restart

apt-get install libdata-dumper-simple-perl perl-modules libdbi-perl
libdbd-pg-perl libconfig-any-perl libmime-lite-perl
libhtml-linkextractor-perl libnet-tclink-perl libparse-recdescent-perl
libmodule-build-perl  libuuid-perl liblocale-gettext-perl
libyaml-tiny-perl libtext-iconv-perl libtext-charwidth-perl
libmodule-install-perl liblatex-driver-perl libconfig-std-perl
libclass-std-perl texlive-latex-extra  texlive texlive-doc-en
texlive-generic-extra libdatetime-perl libdbi-perl libdbd-pg-perl
libcgi-simple-perl libtemplate-perl libconfig-std-perl liberror-perl
liblocale-maketext-lexicon-perl libtest-exception-perl
libtest-trap-perl liblog-log4perl-perl libmath-bigint-gmp-perl
libfile-mimeinfo-perl libtemplate-plugin-latex-perl libimage-size-perl
libopenoffice-oodoc-perl libperl5.20 libconfig-inifiles-perl
libmoose-perl libio-stringy-perl libdatetime-format-strptime-perl
libconfig-general-perl libtemplate-plugin-number-format-perl
libcarp-always-perl libconfig-inifiles-perl libtex-encode-perl
libnamespace-autoclean-perl texlive-latex-recommended libxml-twig-perl
make

cd /usr/local/ledgersmb

apt-get install cpanminus
cpanm X12::Parser

perl Makefile.PL

make test

sh install.sh

I may have missed a step or two and next time I will place it in /opt

If you see anything erroneous or simpler let me know

Many Thanks
Geordie