Re: postgresql settings in fedora 18? The power of logic!

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 06:13:39 -0800
Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 5:58 AM, ario <..hidden..>
> wrote:
>
> > This is strange!
> > While I was reasoning in my other reply to turtle, I noticed that
> > the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/ledgersmb.conf doesn't contain any
> > indication of what to do with a request on port 5432, but does have
> > rewrite rules for /ledgersmb to /ledgersmb/login.pl
> > So I thought: "Let's do something unexpected and see what a request
> > for ledgersmb/ does on port 80."
> > And YES: I get in the login page with
> > http://127.0.0.1:80/ledgersmb !!
> >
> > I think the remark in /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf:
> > #port = 5432                            # (change requires restart)
> > # Note: In RHEL/Fedora installations, you can't set the port number
> > here;
> > # adjust it in the service file instead.
> >
> > should be taken seriously.
> > Leaves me with the question: what the h... (heck, I mean :) ) do
> > 'they' mean by 'service file'??
> >

> The service file is the file that systemd reads before starting the
> service: /usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service

That's odd, it says:
# Port number for server to listen on
Environment=PGPORT=5432

# Location of database directory
Environment=PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql/data

> > Anyway, I leave the rest of the debugging magic to the developers
> > and will try to see if I can get the password straightened out.

By the way, is there a default password for the postgres user?

regards,
ario