Re: New User Anomalies

Erik, I agree with your root cause. Your solution may be the right one, given the circumstances, although without looking at the actual join, i would have thought that the inner join with the additional "account type" restriction would have worked.

I can tell you I was bothered by the fact that the the "id" field in the chart view was not a primary unique key. (Effectively adding the "account Type" restriction does that) If it had been unique, then neither of my issues would have happened. I bet some time in the past the account_headings and the accounts were in the same table. The unintended consequence of splitting them into two tables was the non unique keys in the chart view. The safest, simplest solution is to insure unique keys in the chart view. Hopefully 1.4 will do that.

The really good news about all of this is that none of my data is in any way corrupted, as this was only an error in the reporting of the data. The GL is intact.

Thanks, for getting to the bottom of this. Quite honestly, I can wait for 1.4 or never, and just ignore the few errant reports. My data is good, which was my primary concern.
Regards,
Bill Ott

Email: Mailto:..hidden..
Website: http://www.theotts.org