Re: upgrade problem

Something certainly sounds wrong.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Bob Miller <..hidden..> wrote:
Hello again,

Something is wrong....

As per the upgrade instructions:
1.untar over top of the existing install
2.run reload_modules.sh

Seems simple enough (I use apache2-mpm-itk with documentroot
of /var/www/ledger.computerisms.ca/):

cd /usr/src/
wget
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ledger-smb/ledgersmb/1.3.31/ledgersmb-1.3.31.tar.gz
tar zxf ledgersmb-1.3.31.tar.gz
cp -r ledgersmb/* /var/www/ledger.computerisms.ca/
chown -R ledgersmb:ledgersmb /var/www/ledger.computerisms.ca/
chmod -R o-rwx /var/www/ledger.computerisms.ca

su - postgres
sh /var/www/ledger.computerisms.ca/sql/modules/reload_modules.sh
computerisms

I am checking these errors.  The Fixes.sql errors are normal (transactions are designed to roll back if the changes have already been made).

This script throws a number of errors (listed below).  I remember the
script thing never worked for me when I was installing, but the setup.pl
did, so I ran the upgrade from the setup.pl page too.  That appears to
have run without errors.

When I visit my page at http://ledger.computerisms.ca it shows me I am
still version 1.3.29.  When I log into it it says the same version.
But:

Something is wrong here.  It sounds like something is being cached.  Are you running over Plack/FCGI? If so you should restart to make sure the core libraries are reloaded.  However it sounds like some things haven't been updated.

I am looking into the Reconciliation script errors which should have been validated by my pre-release tests.

cat /var/www/ledger.computerisms.ca/VERSION
1.3.31

And unfortunately the recurring transaction problem has not changed
behaviour.

Can you:

grep VERSION  /var/www/ledger.computerisms.ca/LedgerSMB.pm

Clearly I missed something along the way, was there some more
documentation I was supposed to read or something?

SCRIPT ERRORS (not including a good many "already exists" errors):

<snip></snip>
BEGIN
psql:Fixes.sql:66: ERROR:  constraint "entity_bank_account_pkey" of
relation "entity_bank_account" does not exist
psql:Fixes.sql:67: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:Fixes.sql:68: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:Fixes.sql:69: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
ROLLBACK
BEGIN
psql:Fixes.sql:87: ERROR:  schema "lsmb12" does not exist
LINE 3:                             FROM account JOIN lsmb12.chart U...

<snip></snip>

BEGIN
psql:Fixes.sql:516: ERROR:  column reference "id" is ambiguous
LINE 5:                                  IN (select id
                                                    ^
ROLLBACK
psql:Drafts.sql:7: ERROR:  type "draft_search_result" already exists
CREATE FUNCTION

<snip></snip>

psql:Reconciliation.sql:358: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "in_scn"
LINE 121:     in_scn NOT LIKE t_prefix || '%';

Of the ones you mention, this is the only one that concerns me.  The rest are expected (basically for fixes we don't know if they have been applied yet so we try to apply them and if it fails and rolls back, that usually means the fix is already there).

Please stay tuned on this one.  However, we need to find out why it is still running 1.3.29.