Re: Still Cannot Log In

On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 11:49 -0400, lrspares45 wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got lesgersmb 1.3.18 installed now on Ubuntu 12.04LTS. Still not
> able to login though. It appears that Setup is failing too, the
> postgres log has rucks of 'passsword authentication failed...'
> errors, and every time I run it it wants to upgrade the dbase from
> 1.3.

   Which indicates to me that the name you're giving is for a v1.2 LSMB
database which hasn't yet been successfully converted to a v1.3 LSMB
database.

   For testing purposes; have you tried creating a new LSMB database?

>   I can see the LedgerSMB users with phphgadmin, and the dbase users
> with psql, as far as I can tell the all have the necessary
> permissions.

   Which users?  For instance, if this is from the "official"
Debian/Ubuntu package (which I am the maintainer for), then a
'ledgersmb' database admin user (the one to be used in setup.pl) should
be present but may not be configured correctly. (For instance, to
correct: ALTER ROLE ledgersmb WITH SUPERUSER LOGIN NOINHERIT;)

Jame