Still Cannot Log In

Hi,
getting really, really pisssed off now.

Completely uninstalled everything.

Reinstalled everything (from deb package 1.3.17)

Restored the dbase with pg_restore.

login with Setup.pl run - a few duplicate invoices,not otherwise ok
Input a user when asked.

Everything looks ok with phppgadmin.

Go to login with login.pl and just get a repeating login box - the very carefully noted user entered in setup does not work.

Please God - is there a solution to this. All I can find is reply to en email from Chris, but I don't understand the answer.

Please,please - there must be someone who knows how to fix this?

Cheers
Richard