Re: firefox doesn't know what to do with pl scripts

I got the problem last month with a newly installed a Debian WheezyÂlaptop. I didn't check if the problem been solved with new apt update since I have left the work and returned laptop to the company. I didn't have any problem withÂmy old laptop that remains with Debian squeeze. As I am about to install Debian on my 5 years old HP TX1320 laptop. I wonder if anyone happened to have played around with Debian Wheezy recently with perl issue solved. If not, I might better stayed with squeeze if I would like to still have sql-ledger installed.

Thanks in advance for any comment or suggestion.

Nick

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Schmiechen <..hidden..> wrote:
On Thursday 28 October 2010 20:23:40 Joseph wrote:
> I'm still running sql-ledger (waiting for ver. 1.3) but I have a problem
> Âwith running pl scripts after upgrade. login.pl script works Âbut all
> Âother "pl" scripts are not executing; apache doesn't know what to do with
> Âthem. It tries to open them as a text file. Permission seems to be OK.

Today in perperation for a larger upgrade I upgraded to Perl 5.12 and www-
servers/apache-2.2.16 on my testing Gentoo setup and noticed that I was
experiencing the same problem with Ledgersmb. I ran across this message in my
search and thought I'd add what worked for me to this thread.
It turns out Gentoo dropped the cgi use flag from the default apache settings.

In Gentoo's /etc/make.conf adding cgi to the section APACHE2_MODULES then re
emerging apache fixes the issue.
Checking for the presence of /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_cgi.so may indicate
if this problem exists in other distributions.

--
Sincerely
Turtle