Re: What are you using? TUI or GUI browser?

Just to add my support to this philosophy:

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:16:15PM -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> We want LSMB to work ok without Javascript.  That it works  better
> with Javascript is fine and good.

100% agree with the above. It should have all the functionality on a
Javascript-free browser. With JS enabled it may be a nicer user
experience but JS shouldn't be a requirement.

> However, I don't think you can fix the problems with the current
> generations of text-only web browsers with Javascript.  A better
> approach is to recognize this and for us to continue working towards a
> stable and maintainable API so that ncurses interfaces etc. become
> possible.

Again, this is completely the right approach. If the functionality can
be detached from the UI (whatever it may be) this allows all kinds of
interactivity which at the moment we just don't have. API is the way to
go.

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107