Re: firefox doesn't know what to do with pl scripts

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 22:53, Nick Young <..hidden..> wrote:
> I got the problem last month with a newly installed a Debian Wheezy laptop.
> I didn't check if the problem been solved with new apt update since I have
> left the work and returned laptop to the company. I didn't have any problem
> with my old laptop that remains with Debian squeeze. As I am about to
> install Debian on my 5 years old HP TX1320 laptop. I wonder if anyone
> happened to have played around with Debian Wheezy recently with perl issue
> solved. If not, I might better stayed with squeeze if I would like to still
> have sql-ledger installed.
> Thanks in advance for any comment or suggestion.

All I've run for a while now is Wheezy (Debian testing).  If you have
a problem with .pl scripts (of which I have many), it is a
configuration problem, not a wheezy problem.

make sure you have cgi enabled:  a2enmod cgi (then restart apache2)
and in the /etc/apache2/conf.d/ledgersmb-httpd.conf script you have a
line::  AddHandler cgi-script .pl

If you still have problems, check your default
/etc/apache2/conf.d/sites-enabled/000-default site script.  If it is
the unchanged default script, you should have no problem.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
            - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto
Visit my web page at: http://david.bandel.us/