Re: Printing issue in Windows

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, James McDonald wrote:

You can put some more code into your batch file and it will create a name
you specify. Obviously you can do the same with %TIME% to make up whatever
stamp you want.

I don't know if the line:

PDF     pdfwrite.bat

Can pass parameters (I am thinking of the original file name, or file name without extension). If it can, he could use %1 in the output file specification to gsprint.

Actually, if it can pass the filename, he could use the structure you used to pull the date fragments, to remove the original extension. I'm thinking something like:

set fn=%1
set outfile=%fn:~0,14%.pdf

I don't know if the filename can be passed in, however, so maybe this is whistling in the wind.

Luke