Re: firefox doesn't know what to do with pl scripts

On 29 October 2010 14:06, Joseph <..hidden..> wrote:
On 10/29/10 05:09, Br Nicholas Thirkettle OSB wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Joseph <..hidden..> wrote:
>
>> On 10/29/10 04:42, Adam Thompson wrote:
>> >Maybe too simple, but make sure the script headers are correct, that they
>> *do* reference /usr/bin/perl?
>> >-Adam Thompson
>>
>> Digging a bit deeper, it seems to me it is a bug in sql-ledger. I have
>> found this link that describe the problem I have:
>>
>> http://abacus.sql-ledger.com/userforum/forum_entry.php?id=173&page=1&category=0&order=time
>>
>> Why positing version on the web that does not work, it is beyond my
>> comprehension.
>>
>> I'm on sql-ledger-2.6.27 but it makes me wander, wait for 1.3 or jump to
>> 1.2?
>>
>> --
>> Joseph
>>
>I had this very same annoying problem some time ago. Someone suggested that
>I add "-X" to the end of the reference so it looks like /usr/bin/perl -X. I
>don't remember what the reason was but it has worked perfectly ever since.

The '-X' disables warnings even if 'use warnings;' is enabled.  Thus the code must be triggering a warning which is breaking the headers.  Using -X disables the warnings apparently fixing the problem.  The best thing would be to track down why the warning occurs in the first place and fix that.  I'm not using SQL Ledger at the moment (just lurking on the list!) so it would probably be good if you raise a bug about needing to switch off warnings to make it work.

Cheers
Alex.