Re: firefox doesn't know what to do with pl scripts

Maybe too simple, but make sure the script headers are correct, that they *do* reference /usr/bin/perl?
-Adam Thompson

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph <..hidden..>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:23:40
To: <..hidden..>
Subject: [Ledger-smb-users] firefox doesn't know what to do with pl scripts

I'm still running sql-ledger (waiting for ver. 1.3) but I have a problem with running pl scripts after upgrade.
login.pl script works  but all other "pl" scripts are not executing; apache doesn't know what to do with them. It tries to open them as a text file.
Permission seems to be OK.

-rwxr-xr-x  1 apache apache  5342 Nov  9  2009 ar.pl
-rwxr-xr-x  1 apache apache  5342 Nov  9  2009 is.pl
-rwxr-xr-x  1 apache apache  5342 Nov  9  2009 jc.pl
drwxrwxr-x 59 apache apache  4096 Apr  1  2010 locale
-rwxrwxr-x  1 apache apache  2731 Apr 13  2009 login.pl

apache has correct setting:
Alias /sql-ledger/ /usr/local/sql-ledger/
    <Directory /usr/local/sql-ledger>
      AddHandler cgi-script .pl
      AddDefaultCharset On
      AllowOverride All
      Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from All
    </Directory>

    <Directory /usr/local/sql-ledger/users>
      Order Deny,Allow
      Deny from All
    </Directory>

Anybody, can give me a hint why perl is not executing the scripts.
I've made my own test script, place it on the server and it works.

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<html><head>";
print "<title>CGI Test</title>";
print "</head>";
print "<body><h1>I just wrote a web page using Perl!</h1>";
print "</body></html>";

so I can to figure it out why other scripts are not working.

--
Joseph