Re: Remote login

I use openswan for about 15 of my clients.  As Chris said, it has some
big advantages in that besides linux, mac and windows can connect to it
using native and standards-compliant software built into the os, and it
also supports a configuration where one side of the connection can be a
dynamic address.  It is also easy to use from the end user point of view
- once everything is configured for them.  It also can use an X509
Certificate authentication system, which makes it pretty easy to manage
multiple remote users - at least on the small scale that I have used it
on.
As with anything, it is easy to set up if you have the right set of
instructions and can read them properly, but I would not say it is an
easy-to-use software.  Not like ssh or openvpn, anyway.  A fairly decent
knowledge of networking and the openswan/iptables software really helps
a lot if troubleshooting or setting up a more than basic configuration.
Once you get the hang of it though, it's not that bad, and is extremely
scalable from connecting a single remote laptop to the lan to joining
multiple satellite networks together, or any combination in between.