Re: Remote login

My two cents here:

When I build a VPN, I prefer to do it using standards-compliant tools.
 OpenSSH, while standards-compliant isn't particularly scalable.
OpenVPN while fairly scalable wasn't based on any standards last time
I checked.  I usually use OpenS/wan in the past.  The nice thing about
OpenS/Wan is that since it is just a standard IPSEC toolkit, it is
compatible not only with most desktop and server OS's but also things
like CISCO VPN adapters and the like.  Also one can usually use native
VPN solutions in other platforms to connect to it.