Vendor & Client name defaults for new Documents; Would you like them?

Could people please offer their thoughts on the following

First is changing sort order as per Eduardo's email.
I am thinking of implementing this, server side and would like your comments.

Second.
The current behavior when opening a new Invoice, Order or Transaction
is to automatically select the last used Vendor or Client.
I have just found a number of Invoices , all on the Vendor side,
that have been entered against the wrong Vendor, presumably the last vendor used. Does anyone think that it would be useful to have a System>Defaults option to change this behavior.
Probably to one of....
 Last Used
 BLANK
 A Specific Vendor
And would one default for AR and one for AP be enough,
or would we need a separate default for each Document Type?

Regards
David Godfrey