Re: Multiple currency setup and unbalanced general ledger transactions

    Nigel> All of this is very helpful for the future, although I must
    Nigel> admit to being slightly annoyed that I can't properly track
    Nigel> things in my Euro checking account (even gnucash lets me do
    Nigel> that), but it leaves two questions unanswered:

    >> I have no such problems.

    Nigel> The problem is that LSMB does not allow you to create
    Nigel> accounts in currencies other than your base currency (see my
    Nigel> original description for the the full details, but basically

  Well, that's not entirely true.
  You can create accounts in other currency, but since it all has to be
reconciled, it has to convert back to your origin currency at some point
so that you can compare apples and apples.

  I've read the rest of your scenario, and let me mock in up.

  I've done exactly what you want to do.  I think that I did not enter
"1" as the exchange rate though. I know that this does not make sense
--- you are putting EU into EU account, but really, it's being converted
to GBP on that date for the purposes of your income statement.
  But, let me do some screenshots of what I've done in the past, to confirm.

  I agree that the interface is a little bit cryptic, though.

  (My current business does not have multiple currencies, but my
previous one had three.. CDN, USD and EUR)

] ..hidden.. http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.