problems with admin.pl login failure

Okay, just did a fresh install on Ubuntu 9.0.4 server of LedgerSMB 1.2.18.

I am down to

    Create Datasets and Users
    =========================
    1) Create Datasets:
    Browse to:
    http://hostname/ledgersmb/admin.pl

in the INSTALL file. I am logging in using MYPASSWORD, but when it comes time
to create the dataset, if I use MYPASSWORD, I get

    Error!

       LedgerSMB/User.pm:324
       FATAL: password authentication failed for user "ledgersmb"

and if I use MYROLEPASSWORD, I get to the Create Dataset page, but when I
click continue, I get

    Error!

       LedgerSMB/User.pm:387
       fe_sendauth: no password supplied

Checking the Nabble list archives hasn't enlightened me :-(

Of note, this machine also has SQL-Ledger installed, specifically Version
2.8.25

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting