Re: RPM Installation

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
<..hidden..> wrote:

> Chris Travers wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
>> <..hidden..> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still testing as I can't add a dataset.  Adding a user gives me an
>>> error about no dataset.  That could be either my trying to install LSMB
>>> into a schema in a database instead of a just a database or something
>>> else entirely.  8-|  Got to do some more reading.  I saw something about
>>> a different admin user names/passwords and creating datasets or using
>>> existing.
>>>

>> What error do you get when you try to create a dataset?
>
> No choice to create one.  After entering the admin password I get a
> "LedgerSMB Accounting Administration" page.  Table headers for Login,
> Name, Company, Driver, Host, Dataset, Templates.  Buttons for "Add
> User", "Change Admin Password", "Pg Database Administration", "Logout"
> And some help/suggestion text.

PG Database Administration is where you go to create the data set.
This will be changing in 1.3 :-)

If you want to create a dataset manually, you can create a database,
CREATE LANGUAGE plpgsql in that database and then load:
sql/Pg-database.sql, and then load one of the -chart and if applicable
one of the -gifi files.  If you don't know what GIFI is and you live
in the US, you probably don't need the -gifi mappings.....