Re: RPM Installation

Chris Travers wrote:
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Roderick A. Anderson
<..hidden..> wrote:

I'm still testing as I can't add a dataset.  Adding a user gives me an
error about no dataset.  That could be either my trying to install LSMB
into a schema in a database instead of a just a database or something
else entirely.  8-|  Got to do some more reading.  I saw something about
a different admin user names/passwords and creating datasets or using
existing.

What error do you get when you try to create a dataset?

No choice to create one. After entering the admin password I get a "LedgerSMB Accounting Administration" page. Table headers for Login, Name, Company, Driver, Host, Dataset, Templates. Buttons for "Add User", "Change Admin Password", "Pg Database Administration", "Logout"
And some help/suggestion text.

I haven't had a chance to look a server logs: Apache or PostgreSQL yet.

And as I type this I realize it could be the naming conventions I'm using for the shared-hosting/multi-tenant set up. Perl may be having the problem. The names are semi-like email addresses. They have an at symbol (@) in them -- ..hidden.. Got to figure out a separator (beside an underscore) that will work in Pg and Perl. Damn! I thought I was on a roll. :-(

Chris don't sweat it for now. I won't be able to work on this until Sunday or Monday. I'll do some more thinking on it in the mean time.

Rod
--

Best WIshes,