depreciation missed

Hi all,
Does anyone know if automatic depreciation feature is something that might be included in a near future? This is the one thing that I miss most when using Ledger SMB (or SQL-Ledger for that matter). I'm no programmer but it doesn't seem to hard a piece to write for a skilled person - just the buying price, depreciation amount and scheme, and the interval that depreciation should be calculated. This would save a lot of manual work and calculations.
Kristjan