duplicate key violation on insert to parts

Oops, resent from proper address

Hi Guys,

I look after a small ( read : one user ) installation of ledgersmb,
having moved the data from a sql-ledger system which began several years
ago.

The system has now stopped printing invoices, with the following error :

2008-11-12 23:27:58 GMT ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique
constraint "parts_pkey"
2008-11-12 23:27:58 GMT STATEMENT:  INSERT INTO parts (partnumber)
VALUES ('Wed Nov 12 23:27:58 200811896')

I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that the sytem is
mainly used for printing invoices, without parts being defined - the
user just types in a descriptiojn of the work carried out and the
numbers manually - I know, I know, but it's a labour business ;)

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance,
Eamonn