Re: "Cannot prepare error statement" error

Yes, but not in LedgerSMB, the bug is in the user.  This is just a
very bad habit (unfortunately, the kind learned in a buggy OS).
Its also triggered by quite reasonable habits. I will often middle click a link in Firefox in order to open up a new tab. Immediately afterwards I will click a second link in the original tab.
I will note that if you continuously click on links/icons in Windows,
it will also crash on occasion (at least, it does for me), either the
application or the entire OS.  Is this a bug in Windows?
Yes. At least, up to the point of resource exhaustion.
Once you click on a link, you've sent the query to the server.  The
window you have up, while still visible, is not really valid anymore
-- you're waiting for the new one to load, which is delayed by the
execution of the SQL query.  So it's the web browser/web server that's
confused.  The server is sending an answer and you're selecting links
that aren't part of the incoming page.  This is all complicated by
session and authentication variables, etc.
Very few web applications require strictly sequential navigation like this, the web simply isn't
supposed to work like that. In many cases there is no case for it.

Since the links on the left hand frame don't appear to have 'state' I don't see a reason for them to work this way. Actually enforcing linear navigation, where it makes sense, can be done
by updating a session cookie or form parameter and having the page check it.

Not sure how you'd go about fixing this in the application.
I'm going to have a closer look and see how complex a fix is. We want to present ledgersmb
to our accounts team for evaluation and I think this is a show-stopper.
Ciao,

David A. Bandel

Thanks,

Ian

Ian Crowther           Tel: +44 845 4501626  Unit 108, 10th Avenue,
IT Dept, Comtek        Fax: +44 845 4501627  Zone 3, Deeside Industrial
Network Systems UK Ltd                       Park, CH5 2UA, Flintshire