Re: "Cannot prepare error statement" error

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:34 AM, ..hidden.. <..hidden..> wrote:

[snip]

> Ah. I've checked and you appear to be correct. Opening a link and
> waiting for a page to load is fine. Clicking on one page followed by
> another (before waiting for the first page to load) results in the
> error. Well thanks for identifying a way to reproduce it.
>
> Isn't this a bug?

Yes, but not in LedgerSMB, the bug is in the user.  This is just a
very bad habit (unfortunately, the kind learned in a buggy OS).

I will note that if you continuously click on links/icons in Windows,
it will also crash on occasion (at least, it does for me), either the
application or the entire OS.  Is this a bug in Windows?

Once you click on a link, you've sent the query to the server.  The
window you have up, while still visible, is not really valid anymore
-- you're waiting for the new one to load, which is delayed by the
execution of the SQL query.  So it's the web browser/web server that's
confused.  The server is sending an answer and you're selecting links
that aren't part of the incoming page.  This is all complicated by
session and authentication variables, etc.

Not sure how you'd go about fixing this in the application.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
            - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto