Re: 4 Problems using lsmb

Pete Houston wrote:
Hello David,

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 01:17:40PM +1000, david wrote:
* If I create a vendor invoice for an expense item, how do I link that particular expense to a given expense account. EG: I have an expense account for building maintenance 6019, and I raise a vendor invoice for the plumber.

If I do this via an AP transaction, it's trivial, but I can't see how to do it via a vendor invoice. Forgive me if it's obvious :)

If I understand the question correctly, you do this by creating this
association in the product or service which you are purchasing. Eg. if
you have a service for window cleaning, when you set up this service you
associate an expense account for when it is purchased and income account
for when it is sold. Then when you raise a vendor invoice for that
service, the expense account is allocated automatically.

That works well, although it's a bit counter-intuitive. What I ended up doing is creating a service corresponding to each expense account. Thanks for the pointer.

For the archive, this is the step by step procedure I followed:

* for each tax account, check all the "tax" boxes
* for each expense account, check Account & Expense & Non-tracking/Expense
* for each vendor, check appropriate tax & tax included box
* create a service for each expense account, choosing the expense account from the drop down box, naming it to make it easy to remember ("number" = "building maintenance" in my example), and check the appropriate tax account. In my case I don't enter any amounts or other details for the "service". * When creating the purchase invoice, the tax is not shown on screen - a pity - but a "tax included" box is shown and the tax is correctly calculated and entered in the ledgers.