Re: Initial inventory, cancelling invoice, operating manual

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Jeff Kowalczyk <..hidden..> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:07:28 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
>> Here is a little more context-- to do an initial setup, I would
>> suggest the following steps:
>>
>> 1)  Create a generic vendor for the initial vendor import (we do this
>> in 1.3 already because inventory adjustments upward hit that vendor)
>>
>> 2)  Create a vendor invoice for everything you have on-hand.  Pay that
>> invoice out of an asset account.
>>
>> 3)  GL adjustment to all appropriate accounts.
>
> Could you expand on 3) a bit?
>
> After paying the vendor invoice in 2), What would the expected GL
> adjustment be?

Ok, after we do step 1, we have various income and liability amounts
in the system.

After we do step 2, some asset account will be negative.

Step three should make the asset accounts to their real value, add
initial values (assuming this is part-way through the fiscal year) to
the income and expense accounts, set equity accounts properly and the
like.  Does this make sense?