Re: Initial inventory, cancelling invoice, operating manual

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:00:34 -0700, Chris Travers wrote:
> > What is the best way to introduce initial inventory to the system? We
> > have a couple of houndreds of different items.
>
> Use a vendor invoice.  This is required for correct COGS tracking.

Could you expand on this? If the initial inventory is already on hand, who
(what account) will eventually pay this vendor invoice?

A preliminary test with 1.2.x indicates that this initial inventory only
becomes available for menu|shipping|receive if I use a purchase order, and
later convert that to a vendor invoice. Is that correct initial inventory
procedure?

Thanks,
Jeff