upgrading SL 2.6.27 --> SMB 1.12

I've got to the point that I can log in to admin.pl successfully, and I've created a database on the new installation. I have both packages (SL/SMB) running on the same host (Postgresql 8.3 btw). Databases are:

SL:	2008
SMB:	2009

Curiosity:
I can see both databases from either admin page. How can that be? They have different postgresql users. I can't log in from the login.pl page.

Question:
My next step is to migrate the data, and I really want to get this part right.
I've backed up SL using System/Backup/SaveToFile.
Are the following steps correct:

..hidden..:~# su - postgres
..hidden..:~$ psql -h localhost -U  ledger-smb -d 2009
<password>
postgres=# \i  </path/to/BackupOf2008unzipped>
postgres=# \q
..hidden..:~$ exit
..hidden..:~# /usr/local/ledger-smb/SL2LS.pl
Then log in to admin.pl with a browser, etc, etc.....

Any corrections would be gratefully accepted before I stuff something up :)

David.