Re: upgrading from sql-ledger

On Friday 13 June 2008 13:11:19 Brian Carey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to upgrade to ledgersmb from more recent versions of
> sql-ledger (I'm on 2.8.13)? The UPGRADE document is for 2.6.something or
> lower.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

There is a soloution for importing from any version of sql-ledger on a
postgresql database to ledgersmb 1.2.8 -1.2.13.
It does add a rose-db-object cpan dependancy to ledgersmb.
See http://search.cpan.org/dist/Rose-DB-Object/lib/Rose/DB/Object.pm for more
on rose-db-object.

Here is a quote from Think Electric developer chris calif on the devel list:
Apologies for the delay, was out of town last week.  Here are my code files:

  chriscalef.com/files/ledgerSMB/am_import_everything.pl
   chriscalef.com/files/ledgerSMB/lsmb_objects.tar.gz
  chriscalef.com/files/ledgerSMB/DB.pm

* am_import_everything.pl is one huge "import_everything" function that can be
dropped into am.pl.   It assumes two registered databases in DB.pm,  with
domain="source" for sql-ledger and domain="destination" for ledgerSMB.
 * lsmb_objects.tar.gz is all of the Rose object files for ledgerSMB, I store
them in a DB directory under LedgerSMB directory.
* DB.pm is a sample Rose setup file for the databases.  The first two are used
only when you are doing import_everything, the last one is for normal db
usage.

Hope this is helpful.  Bug reports and suggestions happily accepted.

I am using code made by the modules on a production server to import
sql-ledger 2.7.15 to ledgersmb 1.2.13 code on a as needed basis to test
ledgersmb.
Chris Calif had to write a few custom rules here and there for anomolies.
Note however that ledgersmb has dropped things "order description" I am
working on adding this back in.

--
Cheers
Turtle