Re: Problems Creating Ledgersmb db.

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 11:26:31 -0700
From: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
Subject: Re: [Ledger-smb-users] Problems Creating Ledgersmb db.
To: ..hidden..

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:17 AM, john <..hidden..> wrote:
I'm trying to preform a new install of the following:
Xubuntu 8.0.4
Ledgersmb 1.2.1.3

I have install followed the .deb stuff and am following the install text
steps 2-3.
I have done the following:

..hidden..:~$ sudo su postgres

..hidden..:/home/cj$

..hidden..:/home/cj$ createuser --no-superuser --createdb
--no-createrole -U postgres --pwprompt --encrypted ledgersmb
Enter password for new role:
Enter it again:
CREATE ROLE

I get the following:

..hidden..:/home/cj$ createdb -U ledgersmb -O ledgersmb ledgersmb
createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  Ident
authentication failed for user "ledgersmb"

Thanks in Advance.

check your pg_hba.conf (may be in different places depending on your
distro and how you installed PostgreSQL).  You probably want to use
md5 authentication rather than ident sameuser.