Re: POS Screen - Errors when posting an invoice

On 29 May 2008, at 15:55, ..hidden.. wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2008, ..hidden.. wrote:

I am having several issues trying to post an invoice via the POS Add Invoice screen. This is a recent SQL-Ledger to LedgerSMB migration. When I create a sale and click on Print and Post, I get two issues.

1. The receipt is displayed in the browser window instead of being sent to the receipt printer. This worked with SQL-Ledger and I haven't done anything special from a configuration standpoint after the migration so maybe I missed something.

Simple sanity check: on regular invoices, you can select from a dropdown, the options of where to print: to "screen" (the default), or to one of your configured printers.

To what do you set yours when you select print?

On mine, I get:

(*) Screen ( ) Printer ( ) Epson ( ) Laser

Mine defaults to my Star Receipt Printer and also defaults to Postscript. If I create a regular Sales Invoice from AR/Sales Invoice and click the print button, I get returned an HTML page with the text "Error!". Nothing
more.

(Top-posting fixed)

I'm no expert, but I'd check the LaTeX setup.

Can you email invoices to yourself?

If you make a test.tex as follows:

  \documentclass{article}
  This is a test
  \end{document}

Are you able to convert that file to PDF or PS using the `rubber` command?

Stroller.