Re: Postgresql Replication

Chris:

Thank you for the response! As we really need the data near real time so
we are probably going to head down the Slony-I direction. Thanks for the
pointer on the primary key and it just darn on me when I read your email.
However, it probably shouldn't be a show stoper as it should be alright to
create a primary key on the tables that needed one by the way of composite
primary key or just plain adding a primary key column. This is something
that we will have to decide after doing some data analysis and not break
the software.

Actually, with Slony-I multi masters replication we may be able to abandon
php/perl/ssh customer and order tables update and just let the replication
to take care of it.

Regards,

Tim